|The following messages may appear on the LCD monitor during shooting or playback.|
|No memory card||The memory card is not installed in the correct direction. Install the memory card in the correct direction.|
|Memory card locked||The SD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card or Eye-Fi card’s write
protect tab is set to "LOCK". Unlock the write protect tab.|
The [Memory card locked] message appears on the screen
|Cannot record!||You attempted to shoot an image without a memory card. Install the memory card in the correct direction to shoot.|
|Memory card error||The memory card may be malfunctioning. You may be able to solve this problem by formatting the memory card (low level formatting).|
Formatting a Memory Card
If the problem cannot be solved even after you formatted the memory card, the camera may be malfunctioning, so please contact the service centers.
|Insufficient space on card||There is not enough free space on the memory card to shoot or edit images. Erase the images to open space for new images, or insert an empty memory card.|
|Change the battery pack.||Battery charge is insufficient to operate the camera. Replace it at once with a charged one or recharge the battery.|
|No Image.||There are no images recorded on the memory card that can be displayed.|
|Protected!||The image is protected. Follow the procedures below to remove the protection.|
- Press the <Playback> () button, and then turn the power on. Select the <MENU> () button > the [Playback] () tab > [Protect] > [Select], and then select the image for which you want to remove protection. Next, press the <FUNC./SET> () button to remove [Protect] ().
Image too large.
|- Unsupported images, or images with corrupted data cannot be displayed.|
- Images manipulated on a computer, that have had their file name changed, or have been taken with a different camera may not display.
Cannot play back
Cannot modify image
Cannot assign to category
|- Incompatible images cannot be magnified, played back in Smart Shuffle, tagged as favorites, rotated, edited, registered to the start-up screen, categorized, or added to a print list.|
- Images manipulated on a computer, that have had their file name changed, or have been taken with a different camera may not be magnified, played back in Smart Shuffle, tagged as favorites, rotated, edited, registered to the start-up screen, categorized, or added to a print list.
- Movies cannot be magnified, played back in Smart Shuffle, edited, added to a print list, or registered to the start-up screen.
|Invalid selection range||When choosing the selection range, you tried to choose a starting image that was after the last image or you tried to choose an ending image that was before the starting image.|
|Exceeded selection limit||- You chose more than 998 images in print settings. Choose less than 998 images.|
- Print settings could not be saved correctly. Reduce the number of selected images and try again.
- You chose 501 or more images in Protect, Erase, Favorites, My Category and Print Settings.
|Communication error||Images could not be transferred to the computer or printed due to the large amount of images (approx. 1000) stored on the memory card. Use a commercially available USB card reader to transfer the images. Insert the memory card into the printer's card slot to print.|
|Naming error!||The folder or image could not be created because there is an image with the same file name as the folder or image that the camera is attempting to create, or the highest possible file number has already been reached. |
- Press the <MENU> () button, and then select the [Settings] () tab to change [File Numbering] to [Auto Reset], or format the memory card.
Formatting a Memory Card
|Lens Error||- This error can occur if you hold the lens while it is in motion or when using it in a location with excessive dust or sand in the air.|
- If this error message continues to appear, please contact the service centers.
|- If an error code appears directly after taking a picture, the shot may not have been recorded. Check the image in Playback mode.|
- If this error code reappears, note the Error number (Exx) and contact the service centers.