Last Updated : 25-Nov-2014
Issue Number : 0200390902
ImageBrowser EX is a new image management software program for Canon's digital cameras and digital camcorders.
This software makes managing and searching for images shot with cameras and camcorders very easy.
Please utilize the software for editing, printing and sharing images.
Changes in the ImageBrowser EX for Windows :
- Incorporates support for new models.
To use this software, your computer has to meet the following system requirements.
1. Operating System
- Windows 8 / 8.1
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3
Computer running one of the above operating systems (preinstalled); Internet connection required for auto updating
- 1.6 GHz or higher
- Core 2 Duo 1.66 GHz or higher
Full HD models (*1)
- Camcorders: Core i5 3.0 GHz or higher
- Digital cameras: Core i7 2.8 GHz or higher
- Windows 8 / 8.1 (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit): 2 GB or more
- Windows 8 / 8.1 (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit): 1 GB or more
- Windows Vista (64-bit, 32-bit): 1 GB or more
- Windows XP: 512 MB or more
- 2 GB or more
Free Hard Disk Space;
- 250 MB or more (*2)
- 1,024 x 768 resolution or higher
*1 Recommended specifications for Full HD movie playback in ImageBrowser EX.
*2 Includes Silverlight 5.1 (max. 100 MB).
1. Major Functions of ImageBrowser EX
The following functions are available with ImageBrowser EX.
- Importing images from a camera* or a memory card (* Using CameraWindow DC / EOS Utility)
- Displaying images by folder
- Displaying images by shooting date/month/year
- Displaying shooting information of images
- Editing still images
- Editing movies
- Printing still images
- Uploading images to CANON iMAGE GATEWAY
- Uploading images to Facebook
- Uploading images to YouTube
- Attaching images to e-mail
2. Target images
- Images (still/movie) shot with Canon cameras (except for AVCHD movie files)
3. Differences from ZoomBrowser EX/ImageBrowser
ImageBrowser EX can be installed simultaneously with ZoomBrowser EX/ImageBrowser. (Even if ImageBrowser EX is installed, ZoomBrowser EX/ImageBrowser will not be uninstalled.)
It is required to connect your Canon Camera to the computer, which is connected to the Internet, using a USB cable.
Please note that the following functions available with ZoomBrowser EX/ImageBrowser are not available with ImageBrowser EX.
- Displaying images in a viewer window
- Backing up images on a CD-ROM
- Exporting images (resizing, wallpaper, screen saver, etc.)
- Changing all file names at once
1. Download "IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L.zip" from the download page.
2. Double-click "IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L.zip". After decompressing the file, "IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L" will be created.
3. Double-click "IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L" to display "IBX14INST.exe".
4. Double-click "IBX14INST.exe".
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to perform the installation.
* The latest version will be installed using the auto-update function.
* For installation, it is required to connect the camera. By connecting the camera, appropriate functions for the camera will automatically added via the Internet.
- File name : IBXW_INST_1_4_0_5_U01_9L.zip
- File type : zip
- File language : German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korea, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- File size : 121,723KB
Canon Hongkong Co. Ltd. makes no guarantees of any kind with regard to any programs, files, drivers or any other materials contained on or downloaded from this web site, or any other web site belongs to Canon Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, branches, or any related enterprises (collectively the “Canon”). All such software, programs (including but not limited to drivers), files, documents, manuals, instructions or any other materials (collectively, the “Downloaded Information”) are supplied on "as is" basis. Canon disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of accuracy, timeliness, completeness, usefulness, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-interrupt of operation, and non-infringement.
You assume all the damages and risks associated with the downloading and/or use of any Downloaded Information provided by Canon Hongkong Co. Ltd. and Canon. Canon Hongkong Co. Ltd. and Canon shall not be held liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitations, the damages for any destruction of your computer, system, server, internet machine and any other hardware, the damages of loss of business profits, information or opportunities, business interruption, loss of business, loss of data, program or information contained in the information processing system, and any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary or incidentals damages incurred as a result of, including, without limitation, downloading and/or use of any Downloaded Information.
Canon Hongkong Co. Ltd. and Canon shall not be responsible for maintaining the Downloaded Information for you, or assisting your use of the Downloaded Information. In addition, Canon Hongkong Co. Ltd. and Canon have no obligation to provide the services of updating, correcting or supporting the Downloaded Information.
Canon Hongkong Co. Ltd. and Canon reserve all titles, ownerships and intellectual property rights in connection with the Downloaded Information. You may download and/or use the Downloaded Information solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Canon Hongkong Co. Ltd. or Canon does not expressly or impliedly transfer any intellectual property right or interest, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patents, proprietary technology or any other right to you as a result of any such downloading and/or use. You shall not distribute, assign, license, sell, rent, broadcast, transmit, publish or transfer the Downloaded Information to any other third party. You shall neither reproduce, edit, modify, reformat, translate to other programming language, nor modify, dispose, conduct inverse-process analysis, or create derivative works form the Downloaded Information, in whole or in part, or let others to conduct the above-mentioned activities. Moreover, you shall not modify, remove or delete any relevant acknowledgement of copyright, acknowledgement of ownership, acknowledgement of intellectual property right or any kind of acknowledgement contained in the Downloaded Information, including its copies.
You agree not to export or bring all or part of Downloaded Information out of the country, directly or indirectly, without any required permission and authorization from the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or the applicable governments. You agree to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of the country (ies) involved, and not to export or re-export, directly or indirectly, the Downloaded Information in violation of such laws, restrictions and regulations, or without all necessary approvals.
By indicating your consent or downloading the Downloaded Information, you acknowledge that you have carefully reviewed and understood the content of the disclaimer above, and agree to be bound by the terms of the disclaimer above as well as all applicable laws and regulations.